2133079 – Oracle Database 12c: Integration in SAP environment
Oracle Database 12c: Integration in SAP environment
Symptom: This note provides information about the current release status of the Oracle Database 12c for SAP NetWeaver based SAP products.
For more information about this, see the SAP on Oracle Community page under the following link:
http://go.sap.com/community/topic/oracle.html -> SAP on Oracle Development Update
Oracle Database 12c succeeds Oracle Database 11g Release 2.
Product information about this new release is provided under the following link (among others):
- On the Oracle Web site http://www.oracle.com or
- On the German Oracle Web site http://www.oracle.com/de or
- On the Oracle Technology Network http://otn.oracle.com.
This note will be updated accordingly if there is new planning data or if changes are made to the Oracle Database 12c release status. We therefore recommend that you read this note again from time to time.
Other Terms: Oracle Database 12c Release 1, 12.1, 184.108.40.206, Oracle 12c, 12c, In Memory, Multitenant
Oracle 12.1 certification status (December 23rd, 2015):
- Oracle Database 12c (incl. RDBMS 12c, Grid Infrastructure 12c and Oracle RAC 12c) is certified for SAP NetWeaver based SAP products starting March 31st, 2015. The minimum Oracle version certified is 220.127.116.11 with applied initial 18.104.22.168 SAP Bundle Patch (SBP), 22.214.171.124.2.
- At least SAP Kernel version 7.21_EXT is required for Oracle 12c
- SAP note 1914631 provides important technical information about using Oracle 12.1 in a SAP environment, like database installation/upgrade guidelines, software download, patches, etc.
- Oracle Database 12c In-Memory support is available since June 30th, 2015. For details please see SAP note 2178980.
- Oracle Database Vault for Oracle 12c is now available. For details please see SAP note 2218115.
- Oracle Database 12c ADO and ILM support is now available. For details please see SAP Note 2254866.
SAP Installation and System Copy certification status with Oracle 12.1:
The SAP installation and SAP system copies of SAP NetWeaver 7.X based systems with Oracle version 12.1 is supported by SAP from May 18th, 2015 on. Important technical details are provided in SAP note 1914631.
SAP Upgrade and Enhancement Package Update certification status with Oracle 12.1:
The SAP Upgrade and Enhancement Package Update of SAP NetWeaver 7.X based systems with Oracle version 12.1 is supported by SAP from May 18th, 2015 on. Important technical details are provided in SAP notes 2039312 (SUM 1.0 SP13) and 2115547 (SUM 1.0 SP14).
If Oracle 12c is used there exists a limitation for Upgrades of older versions of SAP NetWeaver Java or Dual Stack based SAP systems. Java- and Dual Stack upgrades from NetWeaver versions 7.0x to 7.3x are not supported with Oracle version 12c. You need to upgrade those systems (NW 7.0x & NW 7.3x based ) at least to a NetWeaver version 7.40. Pure SP or EHP updates for SAP systems based on those older NetWeaver releases are supported.
For pure SAP NetWeaver ABAP stack based SAP systems no upgrade limitations apply.
Currently the following general limitations apply:
The Oracle Database 12c certification does not yet include the feature Multitenant. This feature is planned to be certified in a staged approach later during 2016.
- Oracle Database 12c Multitenant support is planned for H1/2016
As of now the following SAP products (incl. all corresponding EHPs) are supported with Oracle Database 126.96.36.199:
– SAP NetWeaver 7.0/7.1/7.3/7.40/7.50
– SAP BW 7.0/7.01/7.02/7.10/7.11/7.20/7.30/7.31/7.40/7.50
– SAP ERP 6.0
– SAP CRM 7.0
– SAP SCM 7.0
– SAP SRM 7.0
– SAP Solution Manager 7.1/7.2
– Banking Services from SAP 6.0/7.0/8.0/9.0
– SAP NW CE 7.1/7.20
– SAP NW PI 7.1
– MDM SP 15
To find out which SAP product versions are released for Oracle 12.1, see also the SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM). This is available at:
This document is referenced by
|1914631||Central Technical Note for Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1)|