CO-PA issues in S/4 HANA Finance
- Why do we get error message FCO_COPA006 after upgrade to SFIN ?
- Can the changes mentioned in Q1 be transported to production ?
- Which tables are used ?
- Why do we get error message FCO_COPA058 when trying to run realignment (KEND) in account based COPA in SFIN ?
- Why do we get a PA segment on the sales order and corresponding goods issue after upgrading to SFIN ? Why do the variances during settlement of production order get posted to a PA segment after upgrading to SFIN ?
- After upgrade to SFIN 2.0 unable to generate the operating concern. Why do we get error message KE606 / FCO_COPA014 ?
- KEQ3 is not available. Why ?
- Why CO document is created in SFIN in case of postings involving a PA segment ? What’s the use of this document ? Can we deactivate creation of CO document ?
- Why do we get errors when trying to change or delete operating concern SFIN ?
- In SAP S/4HANA some field length’s have been increased to 40 characters. Why has the characteristic length in CO-PA not been increased ?
- Why is the characteristic ‘SEGMENT’ grayed out on the PA segment screen ?
- In the classical account based CO-PA it is possible to plan only in CO area currency in KEPM. In SFIN using Integrated Business Planning (IBP) is it possible to plan in other currencies ?
- Is the COGS split functionality available in account based CO-PA ?
- What is maximum no of characteristics available ?
- Summarization levels (tcode KEDV) are no longer used ?
- Are G/L allocations such as FAGLGA15 relevant to CO-PA ? What are attributed PA segments ?
- After migration to S/4 HANA Finance why are 3 new fields (Functional Area, Segment and Cost Center) added to the CE1XXXX table ?
- Controlling (CO)
- SAP S/4 HANA
- SAP S/4 Hana Finance
1. Why do we get error message FCO_COPA006 after upgrade to SFIN ?
The activation of account-based CO-PA in your operating concern is a prerequisite for using the new CO-PA features in SAP Accounting for SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA. Of course, you can further only use costing-based CO-PA or both in parallel. Error message FCO_COPA 006 is meant as a reminder to not forget activating the account-based variant. For that you first need to set flag “Account-based” in the operating concern maintenance (transaction KEA0) on tab “Data structures”. Having set this flag the error message should be gone. If you do not want to use account-based CO-PA, but only the costing-based variant on the other hand, you can switch off this error message in customizing as described in the longtext of message FCO_COPA 006. Having performed either of the two actions, report FCO_ADD_COPA_FIELD_TO_ACDOCA should run without problems. The purpose of this report is to generate the CO-PA characteristics of your operating concern into the new G/L line item table for the case that account-based CO-PA has been activated.
2. Can the changes mentioned in Q1 be transported to production ?
Transaction OBA5, where you maintain the entry for switching off error message FCO_COPA 006, is transportable, as is the activation of the flag “Account-based” by using transaction KE3I. If you furthermore use transaction KE3I to transport the data structures the generation of the characteristics into table ACDOCA should work automatically as well – in NW 7.5* and 7.60 this should work rather fast, in NW 7.40 it should take few hours (this is the reason for having report FCO_ADD_COPA_FIELD_TO_ACDOCA in NW 7.40 to be able to generate the client-independent environment via transaction KEA0 as you otherwise would run into time-outs).
3. Which tables are used in account based CO-PA ?
In account based CO-PA the line items are stored in table ACDOCA.
The initial design did not use table CE4XXXX_ACCT. Only real profitability segments from table CE4XXXX were used.
For all releases currently in maintenance, i.e. up to S/4 HANA OP 1610 and sFIN3.0, this changes with the implementation of note 1955893. Then again for all logistics tables PA segments from table CE4XXXX_ACCT are determined, including a corresponding profitability segment in table CE4XXXX (via field CE4XXXX_ACCT-CE4KEY). After implementation of this note table ACDOCA still contains only real profitability segments from table CE4XXXX. Otherwise ACDOCA summarization would not have worked any more. ACDOCA-OBJNR contains PA segments from table CE4XXXX and ACDOCA-PAOBJNR contains PA segments from table CE4XXXX_ACCT. In other words with the implementation of note 1955893 the logic of classic CO-PA is re-implemented. The reason for that is that by using real profitability segments from table CE4XXXX we encountered problems with certain characteristics going lost in the account-based line items due to profitability segment summarization settings in transaction KEQ7. Furthermore performance problems occurred with the determination of re-used PA segments.
From release S/4 HANA OP 1709 we will only use PA segments from table CE4XXXX_ACCT in most cases (except for planning and assessment). The reason is that we want to overcome the performance problems that are incurred by the determination of re-used profitability segments from table CE4XXXX. From this release COEP(ACDOCA)-OBJNR and COEP(ACDOCA)-PAOBJNR will contain a PA segment from table CE4XXXX_ACCT except for assessment. For COEJ-OBJNR still real profitability segments from table CE4XXXX will be used and for COEJ-PAOBJNR accounting objects from table CE4XXXX_ACCT.
4. Why do we get error message FCO_COPA058 when trying to run realignment (KEND) in account based COPA ?
Realignment will be available from S/4 HANA OP 1610. Realignment can be implemented in S/4HANA Finance OP 1605 via notes 2344759 and 2350123. The realignment functionality is not supported for account based CO-PA in SFIN for the lower releases. If only costing based CO-PA is active then realignment is possible.
5. Why do we get a PA segment on the sales order and corresponding goods issue after upgrading to SFIN ? Why do the variances during settlement of production order get posted to a PA segment after upgrading to SFIN ?
As mentioned earlier (Q1) account based CO-PA would have been activated during upgrade to SFIN. When account based CO-PA is active a PA segment gets automatically created on the sales order. This PA segment gets forwarded to the goods issue as the goods issue must post to profitability segment as otherwise the COGS would be missing in account based CO-PA because VPRS condition on the billing document will only update costing based CO-PA.
Also a PA segment gets created automatically for the settlement of the production order variances if account based CO-PA is active in order for CO-PA to be reconciled with FI. If additionally the costing based CO-PA is active then due to PA segment account assignment the record type B gets posted to costing-based COPA in addition to the record type C during settlement. This can result in error message “Complete PA transfer structure FI – KF018” if the cost element involved is not part of the PA transfer structure FI needed for the record type B.
6. After upgrade to SFIN 2.0 unable to generate the operating concern. Why do we get error message KE606 / FCO_COPA014 ?
At least one new characteristic which is not known in database table ACDOCA (Universal Journal Entry Line Items) was added to operating concern XXXX. The runtime required to activate the database table is so long that it needs to be performed in the background. For this reason, the client-independent environment with transaction KEA0 cannot be executed in the foreground. The step for adding new CO-PA characteristics to database table ACDOCA was therefore transferred to program FCO_ADD_COPA_FIELD_TO_ACDOCA. The client-independent environment can only be fully activated without errors after the characteristics are added to database table ACDOCA and the database table is activated without errors.
Execute program FCO_ADD_COPA_FIELD_TO_ACDOCA for operating concern XXXX in the background. When the program has been executed without errors, generate the client-independent environment for operating concern XXXX again. Operating concern XXXX will then be available again.
7. KEQ3 is not available. Why ?
KEQ3 is no longer used as there is no concept of segment level and non-segment level characteristics in SFIN. All characteristics are now segment level characteristics. With S/4 HANA 1511 OP Edition we created a new summarization concept comprising ACDOCA and profitability segment summarization – refer SAP note 2179270 and the referenced documentation in the IMG. This was mainly developed for high volume customers like big retailers who need to handle huge data volumes. The default still is and shall remain that most customers have no need for summarizing data.
8. Why CO document is created in SFIN in case of postings involving a PA segment ? What’s the use of this document ? Can we deactivate creation of CO document ?
Account based CO-PA would have been activated during upgrade to SFIN (refer Q1). Once account based COPA is active and there is posting to a PA segment then automatically a CO document with account assignment to PSG will be created in the releases prior to SFIN. In case of SFIN there is no physical CO document in the sense that there is no entry in table COEP with the document number. However we want to keep the compatibility with the previous releases and hence we display the CO document as a HANA compatibility view redirected to read data from table ACDOCA and map it to the COEP structure. You cannot deactivate creation of the CO document since no CO document is really created as in the past i.e. no physical entry in COEP table. In this case it’s just a view from table ACDOCA so that users get the same look and feel that they are used to in previous releases.
9. Why do we get errors when trying to change or delete operating concern SFIN ?
SFIN operating concern was provided by SAP as template operating concern in S/4 Hana Financials. Operating concern SFIN was shipped with sFIN 1.0 and its structure should not be changed, as the structure of table CE4SFIN needs to coincide with the field catalog of this operating concern. Changes normally result in problems. Operating concern SFIN furthermore shall not be used in S/4 HANA Finance 1503 any more at all, as mentioned in note 2042464. Therefore from support package SPS 1508 its data structures can only be activated but not adapted any more in transaction KEA0. Changes unfortunately are still possible in a support package before 1508. However it is advised not to make any changes. Since this is a template operating concern it should not be deleted or changed.
10. In SAP S/4 HANA some field length’s have been increased to 40 characters. Why has the characteristic length in CO-PA not been increased ?
In SAP S/4 HANA, on-premise edition 1511 the maximum field length of the material number (MARA-MATNR) has been extended from 18 to 40 characters. The material number (ARTNR) in CO-PA being a fixed characteristic is an exception and is the only characteristic in CO-PA with a length of 40 from S/4 HANA, on-premise edition 1511. There is a logical limit on maximum length of CO-PA characteristic to 18 characters. The limit is set due to limitation of length of database table, this has dependency on maximum number of characteristics and value fields that can be defined in an operating concern. Therefore an extension of this length for other characteristics is not possible due to technical constraints.
11. Why is the characteristic ‘SEGMENT’ grayed out on the PA segment screen ?
In SFIN characteristic SEGMENT was added to the operating concern as fixed characteristic in order to be able to report on it. SEGMENT is a characteristic which is derived directly from the profit center and hence shall not be changeable manually on the PA segment screen. Furthermore a manual entry would only be visible in the profitability segment but would not be returned from the CO-PA account assignment screen to the document item to be posted (the only fields you can enter on the CO-PA account assignment screen which are transferred back are the PRCTR, FKBER and for one special case GSBER). This would result in inconsistency between FI and CO-PA for an important characteristic like SEGMENT and hence it is not open for manual entry.
12. In the classical account based CO-PA it is possible to plan only in CO area currency in KEPM. In SFIN using Integrated Business Planning (IBP) is it possible to plan in other currencies ?
Yes, in IBP the user can enter any currency he wants to. Nevertheless, the default currency is derived from the controlling area currency. Also, later on in reporting, the controlling area currency is used for comparing Plan/Actuals.
13. Is the COGS split functionality available in account based CO-PA ?
Yes, in S/4 HANA Financials the COGS split functionality is available in account based COPA as well. This is similar to what is available in costing based COPA the difference being that we map the cost elements to the cost components. With COGS split functionality COGS is available in account based CO-PA and financials in more detail (like material costs, labour costs, production costs, …). Functionality like ML closing with COGS split and KE27 for account based are currently not available but planned for future releases. However KE27 functionality for account based CO-PA will be different from costing based functionality. Refer note 2399030 for more information.
14. What is maximum no of characteristics available ?
In S/4HANA Financials the maximum no of characteristics in an operating concern has been increased to 60 (previously 50 was the limit).
15. Summarization levels (tcode KEDV) are no longer used ?
Yes, summarization levels are obsolete in S/4 HANA since the HANA DB is very fast in retrieving data. The only exception is the extraction of account-based data to BW.
16. Are G/L allocations such as FAGLGA15 relevant to CO-PA ? What are attributed PA segments ?
G/L allocations in general never post to CO-PA. In order allocate costs to CO-PA you can use cost center allocation via transaction KEU5. The reason for a profitability segment being written by transaction FAGLGA15 is that in S/4 HANA (Finance) so-called “attributed” profitability segments can be determined for certain G/L line items. This logic does not create an account-based document though but is only able to determine additional attributes for the G/L line items written to G/L line item table ACDOCA. This is achieved by mapping all CO-PA fields of a G/L line item to their corresponding CO-PA characteristics and calling the CO-PA derivation tool. The result is written back to the corresponding fields of table ACDOCA. In S/4 HANA Finance 1503 and S/4 HANA OP 1511 this logic affects all income statement items. From S/4 HANA Finance 1605 and S/4 HANA OP 1610 only line items activated in customizing (IMG -> Controlling -> Profitability Analysis -> Master Data -> Activate Derivation for Items without Profitability Segment) and only such line items carrying a true CO account assignment are considered. Hence from these two releases no attributing should take place any more for G/L allocations since in G/L allocations CO account assignments are not relevant – except maybe as attributes in table ACDOCA but not in a sense of a true or statistical CO account assignment.
17. After migration to S/4 HANA Finance why are 3 new fields (Functional Area, Segment and Cost Center) added to the CE1XXXX table ?
The CO-PA characteristics COPA_KOSTL (cost center), SEGMENT and FKBER (functional area) have been introduced as fixed CO-PA characteristics from release S/4 Hana Finance 1503 (sFIN 2.0). Hence these will be part of the Operating Concern data structure and added to the CO-PA tables. These characteristics are fixed characteristics and will be automatically filled if the values have been populated in the coding block (COBL) by the source application.
add-on finance KX622 KX865 FCO_COPA006 FCO_COPA058 Kend KE606 FCO_COPA014 Keq3 FCO_COPA 006 acdoca coep Zuordnungsänderung, Fehlermeldung, Tabelle, kalkulatorisch, buchhalterisch, Transaktion, Ergebnisrechnung, Ergebnisnummer, Abrechnung, Fertigungsauftrag, neu generieren, Beleg, Dokument, Planung, Konten, Aufteilung, Kosten des Umsatzes, Merkmal, Länge, Währung, maximale Anzahl, Verdichtung, Verdichtungsebene