SAP TMS Configuration
SAP TMS Configuration
SAP TMS Configuration is part of post installation activity and it is mandatory to carry out the changes from Development > Quality > Production systems.
- First, Login with 000 client and go to STMS transaction.
- It will ask to specify a domain controller.
- Mostly development system will be the domain controller. So, give the development system as domain controller.
- Now the development system has to be included in a transport route, in order to transport the object.
- We should repeat the same procedure in QAS and PRD systems
- To create transport routes go to STMS – ―Overview > menu click on ―transport routes‖
- Now go to ―configuration‖ menu > Standard configuration. Select 3 systems in group.
- It will ask for QAS, PRD (SLD)‘s for mapping
- And select ―distribute and activate ―option in Configuration menu and just save.
TPPARAM and domain.cfg are important files in TMS configuration.
- Transport parameter file must be configured for the transport control program “TP‘ to function properly.
- This includes entries for each of the r/3 system transports like trans dir, DB name DB type, and Message server port number
DOMAIN.CFG (Usr/Sap/Trans/bin)>>>>>> Configuration file: This file includes TMS configuration information like Host name, instance no, Domain controller ,transport group
Transport layer is used to reporting all development objects and assigned to all the objects that come from the development system.
Repair mode: modifying an object in the system in which it is created.
Change mode: To modify an object in a system in which it is not created.
OS level Transports: We can transport the change requests at OS level by using TP program and R3 Trans… TP —/usr/sap/trans>
- tp addtobuffer <change request no> <SID> pf=TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
- tp import <change request no> <SID> client=<client no> pf=TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL
Background reports while Change request transporting
RDDIMPDP, RDDPUTPP and RDDNEWPP
- 0 –Successful
- 4—Warning message
- 8—Error message
- 12—serious error
- 13-OS terminate the transport
TMS unconditional Flags
- 0—Change request can be imported from buffer without deleting it.
- 1—Imports the same change request again
- 2—Over writs the originals
- 3—over writes the system dependent objects
- 6—Over write the unconfirmed objects
- 9—The system is locked for this kind of transports
Above steps shows simple process for basic TMS configuration, for TP and R3 trans commands please refer TP and R3 trans Commands.